Often times a consumer will disclose information about records that may not be permissible under state and federal employment law.
- Have the records in question have been sealed or expunged?
- Are they older than 7 years? Are the records recent and the conviction hasn’t been released to the public record?
- That state or that county may not make criminal convictions public
- There may not be enough public information available to match with your applicant; middle name, date of birth, address not in the record.
- The case arising from the arrest was abandoned or dismissed
- The arrest did not result in a conviction
For these reasons, we always recommend conducting county searches. The ClearHire Complete package will conduct county searches on all counties of residence within the last 7 years based on the address trace we conduct.